Signagi and David Gareji private tourBest of Kakheti in one day
- Private car
- 10-11 hours
- Tour guide
- Bottled water
WHAT TO EXPECT?
See the contrasts of Kakheti on a day trip to the highlights of the region - the mysterious David Gareji cave monastery and the lovely and picturesque town of Signagi.
The region of Kakheti is famous for its wine and mesmerizing landscapes like the charming Alazani valley framed by Caucasian mountains or the semi-desert grasslands of Gareji. Enjoy a ride through the empty Mars-like hills with distant horizonts and dry salt lakes as you drive towards the monastery of David Gareji - one of the most spiritual religios sites in Georgia. The cave monastery on the border of Georgia and Azerbaijan was founded in 6th century by one of the 13 Assyrian fathers and grew over centuries into a huge complex of monasteries, of which only one is still functioning till today.
After David Gareji you will pass Udabno - a village literally in the middle of nowhere and from there proceed to the villages of Manavi and Badiauri, famous for their churchkhela sweets and traditional bread and cheese, that you can sample and buy.
Next stop is the convent of Bodbe - one of the most beautiful ones in Georgia and a popular pilgrimage destination for Orthodox Christians worldwide. Here lies the tomb of St. Nino - the Englightener of Georgia.
Signagi, the beautiful small town located on the hills over the Alazani valley is also known as the city of love for it's picturesque houses and marvelous views over Kakheti. The town is also home to one of the longest city walls in the world and some excellent private wineries, where we can arrange a wine tasting for you on request.
WHO IS THIS TOUR PERFECT FOR?
- First time travelers
- Wine lovers
- Peace seekers
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- In warm season the area around Gareji is full of snakes. Most of them are not dangerous. Please keep that in mind especially if you plan to do the hike in Gareji to the Udabno monastery
- Churches have a modest dress code - no shorts for men and no shorts, leggins, short skirts or dresses for women. Women can use a scarf to cover their legs when entering the church
- See the best of Kakheti on a 1 day trip from Tbilisi
- David Gareji cave monastery (with optional hike)
- Signagi and Bodbe
- Optional wine tasting of natural wines
- Private tour for more flexibility and comfort
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Private transfer in a comfortable car with a/c
- Bottled water
|Add options / Services|
|Small wine tasting +$10|
|Hike to Udabno monastery (2 hours) +$10|