Kazbegi Gergeti Full Day Private TourThe Highlights of Caucasus
- Bottled water
- Private car
- 9-10 hours
- Tour guide
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Travel the most scenic road of Georgia - the Georgian Military Highway - a narrow mountain road full of scenic spots and historical gems. Some of the highlights include a stop at the beautiful Jinvali water reservoir - a peaceful lake surrounded by green hills; a visit to Ananuri - one of the best preserved forts in Georgia, witness to many battles and uprisings that prevented the enemies from going farther north; as well as a short break in Pasanauri - the place where White and Black Aragvi rivers meet.
One of the favorite spots of our guests on this tour is the panorama platform in Gudauri with its breathtaking views of Caucasian mountains. Here you can do amazing photos or try paragliding with a scenic view. Not far from Gudauri lies the highest point of the route, the Cross Pass (2395 m) and the travertine of iron mineral water - a beautiful natural formation and a spring of health, according to locals.
Stepantsminda (Kazbegi) is the last big village on the way to Georgian-Russian border and is a starting point for many hiking and mountaineering routes. The highlight of the village is the view of Kazbegi mountain and Gergeti church. The 13th century Trinity church stands on a dramatic cliff overlooking both the townlet of Stepantsminda and the peak of Kazbegi mountain and is the most well known image of Georgian Caucasus.
In summer time it's possible to include a short hike to Gveleti or Toti waterfalls - the round trip takes about 2 hours each.
WHO IS THIS TOUR PERFECT FOR?
- Nature lovers
- First time travelers
- Peace seekers
- Hiking fans
- Short time visitors
GOOD TO KNOW:
- In winter time the road between Gudauri and Kazbegi might be blocked due to heavy snow, in such case we can offer you to include Mtskheta or Jvari instead of Kazbegi
- Hiking to the waterfalls is available only in summer season and only on dry days. The route is a bit steep and narrow, please wear comfortable shoes with enough grip
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Round trip private transfer in a comfortable car with a/c
- Experienced and knowledgeable guide
- Bottled water for all guests
- Special car to Gergeti
- See the key highlights of Georgian Caucasus
- Drive on the historical Georgian Military Highway
- Marvel at the peaceful Jinvali reservoir
- Explore the fort of Ananuri
- Take stunning pictures in Gudauri
- Try mineral water directly from a spring
- Visit the Gergeti Trinity Church
|Add options / Services|
|Hike to Gveleti or Toti waterfall (2 hours) +$10|